Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Drowning in Work



A lot of my readers may be wondering why the past four months have been extremely quiet online, here and on my other social media.

Well folks, truth is so much has gone down the past four months I can barely recall anything. It's all one big blur. Next thing I know, the semester is just about to start again, and I'm left with the question:

..."Where'd my holidays go?"...

Let me fill you in on some of what I can remember from these past two months:

1) End of term - marking frenzy to submit marks on time.

2) Was awarded post of Head of Department, in charge of a mixture of regular lecturers, engineers, technical staffs and part-timers, and not to mention the whole course students. Talk about hundreds of meetings (Government kot, suka meeting).

3) Was given post of Head of Secretariat for the Engineering Technology International Conference while still actively doing what needs to be done back at the faculty.

4) Teaching two new courses with new syllabus to be designed on my own.

5) To KL every other weekend, and go straight back to work the following Monday.

6) Was part of the committee that sets up the offshore programme with GMI, teaching in GMI every other weekend, and go straight back to work the following Monday.

7) Set up department workshops.

8) Involved in three active engineering research projects.

9) Started to prepare for PhD and prequisite stuffs like GRE exams.

10) Go for 18 compulsary courses for job confirmation.

11) Prepare claims that have been backlogged since last year - God knows if I'll get them.

12) And a myriad other things...

Had a tough time? Well, maybe after reading this you'll feel better about your life...

Sounds like I'm being a sour grape here doesn't it?, buuuuut I'm just venting here...

I actually LOVE my job!!! ;)

2 comments:

Raihana Z. said...

Hi Boss,

Found your ceritera (coincidently). Hv read almost all entries and somehow like your narration :) will i get more of it (soon)?

Rakan pbsm merangkap jiran bilik sebelah. :p

Raihana Z. said...

Hi Boss,

Found your ceritera coincidently. Have read almost all entries and i somehow like your narration :) will i get more of it soon, perhaps?

Rakan pbsm merangkap jiran sebelah :p